14th February 2017
We awoke early this morning for our final day and trip back to Port Fairy. We had stayed an extra day at King Island than originally planned due to bad weather.
We headed off early trolling the reefs for Kingfish. We did manage to get some good sized Salmon and hooked a very solid Kingfish but lost him at the boat when he slipped the hook. Very disapointing but thats fishing!
As we had to get home we couldn’t spend too much time persevering with the Kingfish hunt, so we'll try again next time, hopefully with a better outcome.
On the way home we trolled some lures and caught a very solid 26kg Blue Fin Tuna. This was a great end to what was a fantastic trip!
- A pod of Dolphins playing alongside the boat A pod of Dolphins playing alongside the boat
- Trolling on our way back to Port Fairy Trolling on our way back to Port Fairy
- Kingfish on the line Kingfish on the line
- 26kg Blue Fin Tuna 26kg Blue Fin Tuna
- Pilot Whales Pilot Whales
We have a few King Island trips booked in over the next month with no vacancies! However we are now taking bookings for our next available King Island Adventure Fishing Charter running from Friday7th-Sunday 10th April 2017. An expereience not to be missed.
Give MaryAnn a call on 0429983112 or 55983112 to secure your spot today!
More info on our King Island Adventure Trips can be found here