Do you want to to experience the adventure of a lifetime? Our 4 day King Island Fishing Charter is for you!
SPECIAL end of Season PRICING AVAILABLE FOR THIS UPCOMING TRIP - VALID TILL THE END OF MARCH $750PP - CALL MARY ANN TO SECURE YOUR PLACE NOW!!!
Our Next Available King Island Trip is departing 7th April and returning 10th April - Call Mary Ann on 0429983112 or 55983112 , with only 9 places available in total be sure to secure your place on an adventure of a lifetime before they are all taken!
To read about our latest King Island Adventure Trip Click HERE
Join us for an extended 4 night, 4 day fishing and sightseeing adventure to King Island. The adventure is in the journey getting there! If you fancy yourself as a bit of a sea dog and want to experience the thrill and excitement of travelling into the Tasman Sea on the open water to one of the world’s most serene and isolated locations at King Island – you cannot go past this tour!
Included in the cost of $980pp is 2 nights accomodation on King Island, along with a hire vehicle on the Island so you can see the sights of King Island. You will also sleep onboard the Southern Explorer for 2 nightS in our sleeping quarters. There are will also be one nights dinner along with 1 breakfast, 1 lunch and snacks onbaord the boat. The time spent on the island will be food at your own expense.
The waters around the iconic King Island are a nature enthusiast’s and fisherman’s dream come true and home to a wide range of fish species Bluefin Tuna, mighty Kingfish, Tassy Striped Trumpeter, Morwong, Salmon, Gummy Sharks, Nannygai, Southern Crayfish and many many more.
Boat Trips To King Island
Taking the epic journey from the mainland to King Island will not soon be forgotten. Featuring the most breathtaking scenery on the way out, to interesting dolphin and other sealife – the Southern Explorer is one of the only vessels licensed to take passengers to King Island. Throughout the journey to King Island you will be supplied with morning tea, Lunch and Afternoon tea, and an exciting days fishing before settling into a well deserved rest on the Island at Grassy - where you are booked into the King Island Holiday Village (Wave Rider Lodge) http://kingislandholidayvillage.com.au/accommodation/waverider-lodge
After a few days it’s time to settle home on a relaxing cruise back to Port Fairy with esky’s stocked to the brim and a full memory card from the camera! Did we mention memories to last a lifetime?
What to bring: Seasonal suitable clothing, shorts (in Summer) Spray jacket, waterproof or deck shoes, hat, sunscreen, seasickness tablets, sunglasses, camera, esky, 240 volt chargers for phones/cameras or feel free to bring your laptop or any other electronic devices. Don’t forget your toothbrush!
Itinerary for King Island Trip:
Charter departs Port Fairy on the Thursday evening at 10pm (weather permitting) you will sleep onboard the boat overnight as we travel to King Island. As you wake up we arrive at King Island and you get a whole day of fishing!
- Travel time approximately to the top of the King Island (Cape Wickham) 8 hours.
- Near the Cape try for Tassie Trumpeter and Yellow Tail Kingfish
- Leave fishing grounds to arrive at Grassy Harbour around 6 pm.
- Collected from Harbour and taken to Wave Rider Lodge at www.kingislandholidayvillage.com.au
- At Grassy Club there are pub meals or you can cook your catch at the Lodge.
- Unwind on the island for a day in 12 seater Hire Van pre booked for the day.
THINGS TO DO ON KING ISLAND:
- At Naracoopa fish off the Naracoopa Pier Or surf fish off Fraser Beach (Sea Elephant Bay) - supply your own gear
- Visit Currie-Lighthouse, Harbour,Kelp Industry
- Taste Cheese and buy (excellent value) at the King Island Cheese Factory. The Tasting Room is all self serve-magnificent.
- Two excellent Golf Courses (Links) on the island: Ocean Dunes and Cape Wickham Links. Enjoy a beer and lunch, while viewing the ocean and the magnificent Lighthouse from the Cape Wickham Club House.
- Board “Southern Explorer” for a days fishing.
- Towards evening the boat will be anchored in a sheltered part of the island where you could try some night fishing for gummy shark , squid etc. Sleep on the boat.
- After Breakfast we make our way back to Port Fairy via the Continental Shelf for more fishing with electric reels.
- All meals and accommodation are included while onboard Southern Explorer.
- Also while on the Island, Accommodation and a 12 seat Hire van are included in the Package.
- All you need to provide are meals on the Island
4 Night King Island Fishing Trip Special Offer:
- Individual Price Just $980 - a maximum of 9 people on King Island Trips
- Boat Price on application and discussion